A West Lothian based aviation component repair company who offer great staff benefits including Employer Contribution Pension Scheme, Healthcare, Company Uniform, 28 days holiday and full on the job training is seeking an experienced Aircraft Painter to join the team on a permanent basis during an exciting time of growth.
The company is growing from strength to strength having just doubled the size of their facility to further grow the team and business and also invested in onsite staff facilities, they can offer genuine job security and a great place to work. You will be joining a settled, open and positive team in a company who have had great results in the last 4 years. This is an excellent opportunity with great long-term prospects.
As an Aircraft Painter, your duties will include:
- Aircraft component refurbishment, preparing panels or composites for paint with a different range of products to each individual client requirement.
- Masking, sanding, stripping, sealing, painting, general cleaning, applying fillers, sealers and topcoats. Applying primers, paint and clear coats on a specific section of the airplane to a high finish.
- Assessing customer technical data and formulating work process and working within strict timelines to meet customer needs.
- Using industry equipment and hand tool such as electrostatic and airless guns, pot guns for primer application.
- Ensuring a high standard of health and safety is always met whilst working efficiently and contributing to the team in a flexible way.
More detailed information will be given on application to suitable candidates.
To be considered for this Aircraft Painter role you will be required to display the following skills and experience:
- Time served Aircraft Painter with minimum NVQ level 2 qualification. Will also consider Time served Automotive Painters with relevant qualifications.
- Experience with the use of industry equipment and hand tool such as electrostatic and airless guns, pot guns etc.
- Sound ability to read and follow detailed client specs and blueprints.
- Extremely health and safety conscious with a proven ability to work independently and follow job briefs.
- Flexible attitude towards work as there may be a requirement to work on client location or with other departments in the business.
The role is based on a Monday to Friday 40 hour working week, 07:00-16:00.
In return, the Aircraft Painter will receive a starting salary of around £22,000 per year (DOE), Employer Contribution Pension Scheme, Healthcare, Company Uniform, 28 days holiday and full on the job training. Overtime is paid at time and a third (though employer is keen for staff to have a good work life balance so will usually be standard hours).
This is an excellent role with an immediate start for the right candidate so please apply immediately.